Saturday, December 13, 2008

'I'm in a Brussel state of mind' - part deux

I believe I have managed to reach a very interesting state of my life. I do not know how others would feel about it but I think it is really great. I have all the stable and seemingly sort of boring aspects of my life - good job, social insurances, a car, reasonable salary, a nice place to live etc etc. On the other hand, I believe I have NOT boringly settled down into this convenient life. I manage to travel a lot (last month Paris and Istanbul, this month Marseille and soon Paris, Amsterdam and who knows what more will come, next month Spain / Portugal and Poland; and the list can only be longer). I meet great people, go to fabulous parties, I do not live in the suburbs and I don't buy furniture in the IKEA.

Is it a moment of your life when you have all those great things? Or can you live your life like this always? Will this great balance end and your life will be dominated by one side which will not be that great anymore. Just exciting things but no stability? Or just boring, stable things and no random fun? Can we have it all? All the time? Is it only up to us? Am I just lucky to have achieved that? Or am I just lucky because the destiny is favorable to me?

Yesterday, I was walking Verena to the metro station after wine and pizza party for two when suddenly, we ended up talking how much we loved our lives in Brussels. And today she added that she had to take pictures before she would leave. The pics of La Bourse, Grand Place or Parc du Cinquantenaire. And even the pics of the metro... I bet you remember how I (and so did she) bitched about our lives here. Boy, oh boy! Things change...

Is it the beginning of happiness or is just the moment?

Or maybe I should just shut the fuck up and start enjoying it. The moment that is now. Right now.

No comments: